Sunday, July 19, 2015

Man Trip Day Two

Well, day two got off to a VERY rocky start!  When I started the car in Springfield I immeidately noticed my voltage gauge reading just barely charging.  Not much I could do so we set off for St Louis.  Sure enough, when I got off the highway at Litchfield, the wipers slowed down, the dash lights went out and I knew we had problems.  I thought it was the alternator.  We made it to a Denny's where we could eat and gather my options, which, being 500 miles from home in a strange town weren't good.  I asked the waitress if she knew a mechanic, and maybe even one that would be open on a Sunday.  Well, to make a long story short, the manager of the Denny's had a brother who was willing to help me out and after having the alternator and battery tested at a local Autozone the battery was the culprit.  We missed going up in the Arch but still made it to Busch Stadium and had a great day.



Kurt Warner throwing out the first pitch! 


He threw another at 39MPH but I like this photo better. :) 

He connected with a few 65MPH fastballs! 



My souvenier 



No comments: